Parallel cut-lines

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Probably a simple solution to this:

When making a 2D cut-line I am not able to form parallel lines. I have tried the number of lines and the stepwise addition. Nothing happens, I do not see them. Sure I can circumvent this by adding extra lines manually.

2 Replies Last Post 2023年11月21日 GMT-5 07:56
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 months ago 2023年11月21日 GMT-5 07:18

The parallel cut lines use the following sign convention: If the cut line is the x-axis, then positive values for the parallel shifts result in lines with positive values of y. I've seen sign errors in the parallel shifts in several models - test what happens if you change the signs of the parallel shifts in your cut line dataset.

The parallel cut lines use the following sign convention: If the cut line is the x-axis, then positive values for the parallel shifts result in lines with positive values of y. I've seen sign errors in the parallel shifts in several models - test what happens if you change the signs of the parallel shifts in your cut line dataset.

Posted: 5 months ago 2023年11月21日 GMT-5 07:56

No, it does not work for me. I have vertical lines.

No, it does not work for me. I have vertical lines.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.