Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

When we using meshing?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
please help me
I started define a waveguide with this software,and i have a question: when we using meshing?

friends please help me
thanks

2 Replies Last Post 2012年12月31日 GMT-5 11:30
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月31日 GMT-5 10:26
Michael-

COMSOL is based on the Finite Element Method for solving. This numerical technique requires the domains to be discretized into finite elements. The collection of elements forms a mesh. In many cases, the COMSOL default meshing schemes will work fine without any user intervention.

Best regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Michael- COMSOL is based on the Finite Element Method for solving. This numerical technique requires the domains to be discretized into finite elements. The collection of elements forms a mesh. In many cases, the COMSOL default meshing schemes will work fine without any user intervention. Best regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月31日 GMT-5 11:30
thanks for responses
thanks for responses

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.