PDE in COMSOL with analytic material function in coefficient

Muhammad Hamza Khalid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am a new user. I am trying to model internal erosion in a soil column. I am trying to punch in a PDE which has permeability in the one of the coefficients. The permeability-k is an analytical function. An error occurs that it is an undefined variable. How can I give the right syntax?

regards, Hamza

1 Reply Last Post 2024年6月11日 GMT-4 15:12
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024年6月11日 GMT-4 15:12
Updated: 2 weeks ago 2024年6月11日 GMT-4 15:15

The fact that you say it's a function but that the software complains about an undefined variable makes me suspect you forgot to pass the function's argument(s) between parentheses. For instance, you may have typed myfun instead of myfun(arg1,arg2), leading the software to think it should be looking for a variable called myfun.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
The fact that you say it's a *function* but that the software complains about an undefined *variable* makes me suspect you forgot to pass the function's argument(s) between parentheses. For instance, you may have typed myfun instead of myfun(arg1,arg2), leading the software to think it should be looking for a variable called myfun. Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.