prescribed displacement in solid mechanics is not considering metal shrinkage.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm currently developing a module for structural mechanisms utilizing stainless steel, which incorporates temperature dependency. This module includes displacement as out put and input, which varies with temperature. I require studies focusing on low temperatures. I've incorporated prescribed displacement, but encounter an issue during low temperature studies where the prescribed displacement doesn't consider metal shrinkage. Is there any option to study the output displacement variation with temperature.

1 Reply Last Post 2024年5月30日 GMT-4 08:47
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 month ago 2024年5月30日 GMT-4 08:47
Updated: 1 month ago 2024年5月30日 GMT-4 08:49

Hello Chinnu,

The optional Structural Mechanics Module and MEMS Module include a feature for model the effects of thermal expansion (and shrinkage at low temperatures). Check whether your license has either of those modules by going to File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Chinnu, The optional Structural Mechanics Module and MEMS Module include a feature for model the effects of thermal expansion (and shrinkage at low temperatures). Check whether your license has either of those modules by going to File > Licensed and Used Products. Best regards, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.