Magnetostrictive generator harvester

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello, I have a magnetostrictive generator and I have a problem with the material itself. The main problem would be the fact that the magnetostrictive material does not induce a magnetic field in my coil. The only induced magnetic field is the one from the permanent magnet. Normally I should have somewhere 12 V. Can someone look over the simulation and give me some advice or explain what the problem is?

3 Replies Last Post 2024年6月18日 GMT-4 13:32
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024年6月18日 GMT-4 06:09
Updated: 2 weeks ago 2024年6月18日 GMT-4 06:17

George,

There is no piezomagnetic domain in the solid node.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
George, There is no piezomagnetic domain in the solid node. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024年6月18日 GMT-4 10:48

George,

There is no piezomagnetic domain in the solid node.

Cheers Edgar

Okay but after put a solid node ,i need two voigt matrix .Do you can tell me how to define two matrix ?Compliance matrice,Voigt notatio and Piezomagnetic coupling matrix ,Voigt notation

>George, > >There is no piezomagnetic domain in the solid node. > >Cheers >Edgar Okay but after put a solid node ,i need two voigt matrix .Do you can tell me how to define two matrix ?Compliance matrice,Voigt notatio and Piezomagnetic coupling matrix ,Voigt notation

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024年6月18日 GMT-4 13:32

Yes, it seems that in that case of nonlinear magnetostriction the piezomagnetic domain is not required as the multiphysics coupling is doing the job. Keep in mind that the Villari effect is not generating a magnetic field in the magnetostrictor. The mechanical strain modifies the magnetic properties of the material and this modulates the DC bias field. Without the bias field, no magnetic field is generated.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Yes, it seems that in that case of nonlinear magnetostriction the piezomagnetic domain is not required as the multiphysics coupling is doing the job. Keep in mind that the Villari effect is not generating a magnetic field in the magnetostrictor. The mechanical strain modifies the magnetic properties of the material and this modulates the DC bias field. Without the bias field, no magnetic field is generated.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.