4.2a Acoustic Streaming

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to create a simulation of the acoustic streaming in COMSOL v4.2a. As this is quite an old version, I cannot find much information on the subject.

I understand that first-order fields should be solved with a pressure acoustics or thermoacoustics interface, and then these fields should be implemented as source terms(?) in a laminar flow interface.

Actually carrying out this process seems complex.

Is anyone able to advise me on where I can find more detailed instructions on modelling the acoustic streaming in v4.2a, or would anyone have any model files that they would be willing to share with me.

With best regards, Peter

2 Replies Last Post 2024年6月25日 GMT-4 09:50
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 days ago 2024年6月25日 GMT-4 09:44

Peter,

just for your information, the current version 6.2 has it readily available with a time explicit solver. I have been doing some extensive work with it, with good success. I would not want to go through the exercise to cook it by myself in an old version.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Peter, just for your information, the current version 6.2 has it readily available with a time explicit solver. I have been doing some extensive work with it, with good success. I would not want to go through the exercise to cook it by myself in an old version. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 days ago 2024年6月25日 GMT-4 09:50

Peter,

just for your information, the current version 6.2 has it readily available with a time explicit solver. I have been doing some extensive work with it, with good success. I would not want to go through the exercise to cook it by myself in an old version.

Cheers Edgar

Dear Edgar,

Thank you for your reply. I have seen the available multiphysics for acoustic streaming but unfortunately I do not have access to the latest version. I have been attempting to recreate results from literature on the subject that used the 4.2 version but their explanations of the details are vague.

I understand this is not ideal but it is currently my only option.

Best regards, Peter

>Peter, > >just for your information, the current version 6.2 has it readily available with a time explicit solver. I have been doing some extensive work with it, with good success. I would not want to go through the exercise to cook it by myself in an old version. > >Cheers >Edgar Dear Edgar, Thank you for your reply. I have seen the available multiphysics for acoustic streaming but unfortunately I do not have access to the latest version. I have been attempting to recreate results from literature on the subject that used the 4.2 version but their explanations of the details are vague. I understand this is not ideal but it is currently my only option. Best regards, Peter

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.