physics selection and solver settings

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have designed a CAD model of 3-Phase Bldc motor and bearing assembly. The parts are connected in this way,

Motor's Shaft to one end of coupling, a stepped shaft to the other end of the coupling, bearing inner race to the stepped shaft and outer race of the bearing is fixed.

motor shaft + coupling + stepped shaft + bearing

i have used solid mechanics physics and applied it to the domains stator core, rotor, shaft, coupling, stepped shaft and whole bearing.

while defining contacts between parts i have selected augmented lagrangian and fully coupled formulation.

used magnetics and electric currents physics to define coil currents and other boundary conditions to the domains stator, windings, rotor, magnets.

Assigned materials to every component and used a fine mesh to entire geometry.

i have selected a time dependent study but it is taking so long to compute for a time range (0,0.1,1)

Is there any other way to reduce the computation time or am i did any mistake in physics selection or anywhere else.

Thanks for your time. If anyone know how to deal with this, kindly share your thoughts.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.