Including Accents in Axis Label

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to label one the y-axis of a plot I have created in comsol . I found this post here which says that you should be able to include a tilde accent over a variable simply using "\tilde". However, when I try to type "\tilde{P}" in the x-axis label box, the output is "~{P}". Similarly, if I remove the curly brackets, then it just appears as "~P". How do I actually get the tilde directly over the variable P?

Please note also that I am trying to do this in the axis label not a title label. I also tried following the advice in this link here where they say you can start Latex math mode using either "[" followed by "]" or "/$" followed by "/$". When I try the first, nothing appears at all and when I try the second, everything appears exactly as written; i.e. if I try "/$ \tilde{x} /$" then the output is "/$~{x}/$". Can anyone please let me know how to figure this out?

2 Replies Last Post 2024年9月27日 GMT-4 06:35
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 23 hours ago 2024年9月26日 GMT-4 13:17

I found that this [\tilde{P}] works in a plot title, but not in an axis label. Maybe Latex is not possible in axis labels.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I found that this \[\tilde{P}\] works in a plot title, but not in an axis label. Maybe Latex is not possible in axis labels.

Urban Lassi COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 hours ago 2024年9月27日 GMT-4 06:35

Unfortunately, axis titles do not support the Latex parsing like plot titles (yet).

Unfortunately, axis titles do not support the Latex parsing like plot titles (yet).

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.