Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

comsol script command to find a deflection of a point after simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there anyone know the comsol script command to find a deflection of a point after simulation? For example, I would like to find the z-deflection of point 37 in the model. How to write the script? Thanks.

CMS

1 Reply Last Post 2010年2月28日 GMT-5 07:56
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月28日 GMT-5 07:56
Hi

I always forget the method/calls form one try to the other, but in those cases I do the GUI simulaton and postprocessing and look at the *_history.m or the saved .m file for suggestions

Hope this method helps, usefull in many cases to understand the COMSOl interiours (if you do not find any history files, see the COMSOL Preferrences there is a place where to select to save them, "off" by default I believe)

Good luck
Ivar

Hi I always forget the method/calls form one try to the other, but in those cases I do the GUI simulaton and postprocessing and look at the *_history.m or the saved .m file for suggestions Hope this method helps, usefull in many cases to understand the COMSOl interiours (if you do not find any history files, see the COMSOL Preferrences there is a place where to select to save them, "off" by default I believe) Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.