Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I export only S11 as S Parameter what about s12,21,22 ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

17 Replies Last Post 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 06:15

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年2月28日 GMT-5 09:49
How about adding the other results you want into the lines below?
How about adding the other results you want into the lines below?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月6日 GMT-5 09:12

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月6日 GMT-5 09:59
Hi,

you can post the file to the forum. Clear mesh and solutions to keep it small.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, you can post the file to the forum. Clear mesh and solutions to keep it small. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月6日 GMT-5 11:51

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月6日 GMT-5 16:16
Ahmed,

your model has only one port, so the 2-port components of the S-matrix cannot be available. I don't know what the function of your assembly is (resonator?, filter?). If it is meant to have input and output you must configure two ports respectively, one of them excited typically. Then you will see S12, S21 and S22 in the results.

Greetings, also from Germany,
Edgar

Ahmed, your model has only one port, so the 2-port components of the S-matrix cannot be available. I don't know what the function of your assembly is (resonator?, filter?). If it is meant to have input and output you must configure two ports respectively, one of them excited typically. Then you will see S12, S21 and S22 in the results. Greetings, also from Germany, Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 03:06

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 04:05
Ahmed,

I haven't worked with SPICE netlists so far but there were contributions on the forum about that. I still don't understand how your device should work as a two port device in a circuit.
The way you defined the port it works as a shorted transmission line, like a 'Lecherleitung' only twisted, to save space?

Cheers
Edgar
Ahmed, I haven't worked with SPICE netlists so far but there were contributions on the forum about that. I still don't understand how your device should work as a two port device in a circuit. The way you defined the port it works as a shorted transmission line, like a 'Lecherleitung' only twisted, to save space? Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 04:17

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 04:39
Ahmed,

I can't handle the SPICE netlist. Can you post a circuit diagram?
Ahmed, I can't handle the SPICE netlist. Can you post a circuit diagram?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 04:45

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 04:45

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 04:48
I need a normal, graphical circuit diagram with resistors, capacitors and whatever, I cannot work with netlists.
I need a normal, graphical circuit diagram with resistors, capacitors and whatever, I cannot work with netlists.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 04:56

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 05:06

I see a shorted transmission line in your diagram. This is a one-port device and is typically and fully described by S11. The wave goes into the device and you want to know how much comes back and at which phase. This is all in S11.

Cheers
Edgar
I see a shorted transmission line in your diagram. This is a one-port device and is typically and fully described by S11. The wave goes into the device and you want to know how much comes back and at which phase. This is all in S11. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 05:10

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 05:48
Ahmed,

I am sorry I can't contribute much about SPICE netlists in COMSOL. As I said I haven't done that so far. I hope I could explain why COMSOL is not producing two-port parameters the way you set up the model.

Cheers
Edgar
Ahmed, I am sorry I can't contribute much about SPICE netlists in COMSOL. As I said I haven't done that so far. I hope I could explain why COMSOL is not producing two-port parameters the way you set up the model. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月7日 GMT-5 06:15

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.