Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Duplicate variable name

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I got some duplicate variable name error when computing my model(see the attachment), which including the piezoelectric device, laminar flow and deformed geometry. Should I use the physics such as FSI to get less variables ? And I notice that the duplicate variables are all concerning the coordinates.

BTW, when I built the model use laminar flow Physics in version 3.5a, I found there is normally the dependent variable mod1.u_lm and mod1.v_lm (N/m2) in Study , but when I try to build the same model in 4.2a, there are only dependent variables pre-defined by Physics( such as mod1.u for velocity). Is there any chance we can modify the dependent variables based on our needs?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年3月4日 GMT-5 01:20
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月4日 GMT-5 01:20
Hi

I suspect an error in the multiphyiscs definition from the 3.5 loaded file. I never rerun an old file, but I rebuild it fresh ina new session with the latest software,it's also good training.

In my view it will be quicker to rebuild it, than trying to debug that one ;)

You can have it open to cut & past formulas, but try to use the new v4 names, else you will get lost

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suspect an error in the multiphyiscs definition from the 3.5 loaded file. I never rerun an old file, but I rebuild it fresh ina new session with the latest software,it's also good training. In my view it will be quicker to rebuild it, than trying to debug that one ;) You can have it open to cut & past formulas, but try to use the new v4 names, else you will get lost -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.