Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

In joule heating ,how to compute the resistance of a body?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In joule heating ,how to compute the resistance of a body? can you tell me the formula? such as voltage is V, the symble of current is what and the symble of resistance is what in comsol? Thanks a lot!

3 Replies Last Post 2013年3月30日 GMT-4 03:50
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月28日 GMT-4 16:40
Hi

if you impose the voltage, you can get the current by integrating the current density over the flux area. Then as U= R*I => R = U/I you calculate the resistance

If you have selected the lumped ports / terminal nodes, COMSOL creates automatically variables for "lumped" voltage, current and resistance / impedance, so you do not need to define all the integrations / equations ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you impose the voltage, you can get the current by integrating the current density over the flux area. Then as U= R*I => R = U/I you calculate the resistance If you have selected the lumped ports / terminal nodes, COMSOL creates automatically variables for "lumped" voltage, current and resistance / impedance, so you do not need to define all the integrations / equations ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月30日 GMT-4 01:57
Thanks! It worked and converged, but I still can't get the value,How to display the variable value?Thanks!
Thanks! It worked and converged, but I still can't get the value,How to display the variable value?Thanks!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月30日 GMT-4 03:50
Hi

you need to calcualte it from the Results derived values ... y getting the voltage divided by the integration of the current density => gives ou the average resisitance

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to calcualte it from the Results derived values ... y getting the voltage divided by the integration of the current density => gives ou the average resisitance -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.