Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Element-Types in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Another question: I know from other CAD programs that you got Elements like PShell or PSolid or Solid186 and so on, is there any way i can see wich elements im using in Comsol or even change them? Thank you ;) I just saw common names for it but no specific.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年4月24日 GMT-4 05:32
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月24日 GMT-4 05:32
Hi

when you come to COMSOL , you must forget some of the "old" ways to do FEM.
Here we concentrate on the physics not on the mesh, meshing is discretization of the volume, based on the expected dependent varible values and gradients physics and mesh are differentiated, as it should have always beeen ;)

In COMSOL you can shoose shell, membrane, beam or solid "structural" "physics" or any mix of (if so be sure you get the knitting of the different dependent variables correct as for any other FEM programme)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi when you come to COMSOL , you must forget some of the "old" ways to do FEM. Here we concentrate on the physics not on the mesh, meshing is discretization of the volume, based on the expected dependent varible values and gradients physics and mesh are differentiated, as it should have always beeen ;) In COMSOL you can shoose shell, membrane, beam or solid "structural" "physics" or any mix of (if so be sure you get the knitting of the different dependent variables correct as for any other FEM programme) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.