Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh Swept Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I need to reduce the elements of the mesh in the fluid domain.
At the beginning I used a tetrahedral mesh but it is too dense in the axial direction, while I need it mainly in radial direction.

For this reason I'm trying to create a triangular mesh on the boundary of the domain 2 and sweep it in the axial direction. (Attached 1.png)
The source and the destination faces are not the same, how can I build a lighter mesh in this domain (2.png) ?

Thank you in advance for your support!

2 Replies Last Post 2013年5月6日 GMT-4 03:38
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月3日 GMT-4 11:07
Hi

try to mesh the central boundary at 150 mm, then copy that mesh to both ends, then sweep forwards, later sweep (separate node) backwards

Main restriction (modify your model accordingly by adding internal boundaries) have the same (at least similar) topologies at source and destination boundaries

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to mesh the central boundary at 150 mm, then copy that mesh to both ends, then sweep forwards, later sweep (separate node) backwards Main restriction (modify your model accordingly by adding internal boundaries) have the same (at least similar) topologies at source and destination boundaries -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月6日 GMT-4 03:38
Hi Ivar,

thank you for your reply.
I reduce the mesh elements in z direction editing the scale factor in "Free Tetrahedrical -> Scale Geometry".
I reduce it to 0.1 from 1, in this way mesh elements decrease about 10 times. (I add a screenshot)

Thank you again for your help,

have a nice week.
Hi Ivar, thank you for your reply. I reduce the mesh elements in z direction editing the scale factor in "Free Tetrahedrical -> Scale Geometry". I reduce it to 0.1 from 1, in this way mesh elements decrease about 10 times. (I add a screenshot) Thank you again for your help, have a nice week.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.