Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to assign conductivity to fluid flow in a microchannel preconcentration modeling?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am modeling a solution phase preconcentration in microchannel. My system has two inlets and one outlet. From inlet1, buffer (10mM) containing a negatively charged dye is supplied and from inlet2 same buffer (but 100mM) is supplied with syringe pump . When electric field is applied (high voltage at inlet2 with inlet1 grounded ), I am expecting a preconcentration band at the boundary of fluids from two inlets (somewhere close to outlet). For this, I have combined three physics: momentum transport (laminar flow), mass transport (transport of diluted species) and
electric currents.

My question: how to connect/or assign electrical conductivity parameters to particular fluild flow (say from inlet1 and inlet2).

Any help will be appreciated. PS: I am a very beginer of COMSOL and any simulation projects. I am using COMSOL 4.3.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年5月27日 GMT-4 13:45

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月27日 GMT-4 13:45
Here is the explanation of what I want to study. Please look at the schematics and its explanation. Looking forward to seeing some helpful insights.
Here is the explanation of what I want to study. Please look at the schematics and its explanation. Looking forward to seeing some helpful insights.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.