Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation of a magnetic field caused by a current density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am very new to Comsol Multiphysics. I have created a quadratic conductor loop (height, width and depth) in 3D and have applied a magnetic flux density to it. By using a certain PDE-Form I have calculated the behaviour of the magnetic field inside the geometry. And with Ampère's law i have computed the components of the current density (jx, jy, jz) inside the geometry, too.

Next I would like to let Comsol compute the magnetic flux density which is caused by jx, jy, jz beyond the geometry.

My questions:

Do I have to use Biot-Savart's law for each component of the magnetic field or can Comsol compute the magnetic field for a chosen domain by indicating jx, jy, jz? If the latter is possible, how can I do it?

I looked for an appropriate possibility in the magnetic fields physics but i i have not made it to find a solution as yet.

Sincere thanks for your reply.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年7月5日 GMT-4 10:17
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Denis Kajevic

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年7月5日 GMT-4 10:17
I'm also interested in this topic!

Any suggestion?
I'm also interested in this topic! Any suggestion?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.