Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mode analysis of a waveguide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm trying to reproduce the results which is on www.comsol.com/cd/direct/conf/2012/papers/11017/11847_frezza_presentation.pdf
(Comsol conference 2011, page 7, symmetric case, neff).

Could you let me know how I should set the condisions of the "mode analysis"? For instance, "desired number of mode" and "search for modes around" in "study setting"...

Or please let me know the tips to set these parameters.

Yours cincerely
Yutaro

2 Replies Last Post 2015年8月25日 GMT-4 11:52
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月4日 GMT-4 03:51
Dear Yutaro,

please have a look at the model stress_optical.mph, it uses a similar geometry and the settings
for the mode analysis should be similar.

You can find the model by searching for [stress optical] without brackets in the model library.

Best regards,

Sven
Dear Yutaro, please have a look at the model stress_optical.mph, it uses a similar geometry and the settings for the mode analysis should be similar. You can find the model by searching for [stress optical] without brackets in the model library. Best regards, Sven

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月25日 GMT-4 11:52
Hi Sven,

I am making RF design using comsol, I am also using comsol from quit a long time now. I finished my design and verified my results but it is totally different from my theoretical results. My device should work like non-reciprocal but I couldn't see any non-reciprocal effect in s21 or s12 parameter. Please have a look at it if you gets time.

I have attached a model and related paper here.

I have some other questions too:

1.I extract the s-parameter and that file have coordinates and s-parameter. My question is how can i make sure s-parameter (s12, s21) which I got directly using comsol is correct or do I need to find the boundary point in that extract file and use mat lab to plot the curve for (s12, s21).

2. Does my result in comsol plot for (s12, s21) shows me the right graph, do I need to use matlab.

3. What should I do to improve my design. I make exactly same design as I made in lab and measure it theoretically.

4. When we try to plot s-parameter using comsol does it plot s-parameter on boundary we selected or some thing different.
Hi Sven, I am making RF design using comsol, I am also using comsol from quit a long time now. I finished my design and verified my results but it is totally different from my theoretical results. My device should work like non-reciprocal but I couldn't see any non-reciprocal effect in s21 or s12 parameter. Please have a look at it if you gets time. I have attached a model and related paper here. I have some other questions too: 1.I extract the s-parameter and that file have coordinates and s-parameter. My question is how can i make sure s-parameter (s12, s21) which I got directly using comsol is correct or do I need to find the boundary point in that extract file and use mat lab to plot the curve for (s12, s21). 2. Does my result in comsol plot for (s12, s21) shows me the right graph, do I need to use matlab. 3. What should I do to improve my design. I make exactly same design as I made in lab and measure it theoretically. 4. When we try to plot s-parameter using comsol does it plot s-parameter on boundary we selected or some thing different.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.