Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with heat transfert in lava

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I posted a topic here because I encounter a problem with Comsol. Indeed, I try to modelize a lava flow, but I have a problem to fix the temperature of middle flow as you can see on this picture below (:
www.pixenli.com/images/1370/1370356942039372700.png (:

I would like to fix a line of same temperature in the aim to get two gradients : between the floor and the middle of the flow and between the surface and middle of the flow (:

Thank you in advance (:

Alexis, Jordan.

P.S : Sorry my bad english, I'm french >.<

3 Replies Last Post 2013年6月11日 GMT-4 07:31

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月6日 GMT-4 06:11

Up !
--
Comsol, c'est pire qu'une femme
Up ! -- Comsol, c'est pire qu'une femme

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月11日 GMT-4 04:17
Up !

--
Comsol, c'est pire qu'une femme
Up ! -- Comsol, c'est pire qu'une femme

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月11日 GMT-4 07:31
Hi Jordan,

I think I don't understand your problem, you want to imposed a Dirichlet boundary condition of constant temperature inside your domain (in a line) ?

- Is this lava flow or liquid glass you are simulating?

- I think you cannot imposed boundary condition inside the domain. You can make a source term in that line and make a damping function which is zero if T=T_const, positive if T< T_const and negative if T>T_const.

Kind regards,

Duarte Albuquerque
Hi Jordan, I think I don't understand your problem, you want to imposed a Dirichlet boundary condition of constant temperature inside your domain (in a line) ? - Is this lava flow or liquid glass you are simulating? - I think you cannot imposed boundary condition inside the domain. You can make a source term in that line and make a damping function which is zero if T=T_const, positive if T< T_const and negative if T>T_const. Kind regards, Duarte Albuquerque

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.