Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how did I acquire the position of particles in particle tracing module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a confusion which is to get the data of particles when I use matlab linking with comsol. But the function of mpheval is error.

For instance, qx=mpheval(model,{'qx'},'dataset','part1','t',0);

Unfortunately, there is

Error using mpheval (line 234)
Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.nativejni.FlNativeException: Failed to evaluate expression
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)

Undefined post expression

Have anybody help me, please.

2 Replies Last Post 2013年6月5日 GMT-4 20:44
Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月5日 GMT-4 08:47
The best way of proceeding is to upgrade to V4.3b where a new function mphparticle has been added. This is the most convenient way of evaluating particle data. See the release notes for more information:

www.comsol.com/products/4.3b/#ll-matlab
The best way of proceeding is to upgrade to V4.3b where a new function mphparticle has been added. This is the most convenient way of evaluating particle data. See the release notes for more information: http://www.comsol.com/products/4.3b/#ll-matlab

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月5日 GMT-4 20:44
Thanks Daniel Smith, it is useful for me when my comsol update to 4.3b.
Thanks Daniel Smith, it is useful for me when my comsol update to 4.3b.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.