Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adaptive time stepping scheme for laser pulse train with low duty cycle(1/250)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am a new user of COMSOL. I want to simulate the hybrid laser machining process using this software, but the first problem I have to solve is the adaptive time stepping. The duty cycle of the pulse train is around 1/250, which is very time consuming when I use the pulse_width/5 as the time_step. I searched on the forum, and found that some one use the tolerance control to solve this problem. I tried to set the relative/absolute tolerance for the process with a larger time_step (pulse_width*10), buy the pulse's effect is totally ignored. I also read a paper 'Simulations of Heating Sol-Gel Thin Film by Laser Pulse Train', in which the similar problem is successively solved, but detail is unavailable. I search suggestion here to solve this problem, and your kind help will be appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年7月14日 GMT-4 20:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hao Zhu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.