Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pressurized Cylinder, Heat Generation, Concentric Cylinder, Contact Pair, coupled physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am modeling two concentric cylinders with a gap between them initially in 2D Axisymmetric.

(1) I am using "Heat Transfer in Solids" and "Solid Mechanics". I have defined a contact pair in Model1>Definitions with outer surface of inner cylinder as source and inner surface of outer cylinder as destination. Chose assembly as finalization.

(2) The ends are fixed.

(3) I applied a boundary load at innermost surface of the inner cylinder so that the inner cylinder expands and touches outer cylinder. Made a contact node in "solid Mechanics".

(4) There is heat generation in inner cylinder which i have applied with a Heat Source.

I want the inner cylinder to expand and touch the outer one so that there is heat transfer from inner to outer.

Plz tell me what else i need to add in "Solid Mechanics" or "Heat Transfer in solids" so that it works.

Do i need to make a "contact" in "Heat Transfer in Solids"??

Regards and Thanks
Brahmarishi

0 Replies Last Post 2013年7月26日 GMT-4 03:12
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Brahmarishi Raj

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.