Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

SRR modelling in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

As I am quite new to the comsol, I really need some advice & help on how to model a periodic split ring resonator (SRR) medium. To make things easier, I started with modelling a single SRR. I created the SRR geometry and enclosed it with a solid air-box. I defined the SRR as PEC. To introduce an excitation, I used scattering boundaries in all 6 directions of the box (a total of 3 scattering boundary conditions). I defined the direction of the wave vector and polarization in one of them only. Now, is this set up correct ? What kind of boundary conditions would you use ? How would you excite the model ?

Furthermore, I wish to make a plot for the transmitted power vs frequency. Should I introduce ports to do that ?

Thanking you very much in advance,

M.

2 Replies Last Post 2013年12月31日 GMT-5 02:45

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年10月20日 GMT-4 13:03
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

M.
Any ideas ? Thanks, M.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月31日 GMT-5 02:45
Hi,
This is R.Karthik raja doing my masters. i am doing my final year project on Split ring resonator and i am finding difficult to build since i am new to it. So please can anyone say me the step by step process to build it or send your model so that i can understand and build my own model.
Hi, This is R.Karthik raja doing my masters. i am doing my final year project on Split ring resonator and i am finding difficult to build since i am new to it. So please can anyone say me the step by step process to build it or send your model so that i can understand and build my own model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.