Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

processing the results of two models

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All;

Actually Im modelling a double waveguide and the field coupling between them. The model is two waveguides as small squares in a a bigger rectangle. If you do it in just one model then you need to design whole the geometry and solve it in wave optics or frequency domain and get the fields that I've done by mode analysis. But the field that it would give is the superposition of the fields from each waveguide. In fact, I need to get the integral of the multiplication of the fields of the effect of each waveguide as integ(E1.E2)xy. One idea I had is making two models in one model and getting the field of each waveguide separately by turning off the other which would give two results through two studies. However, again I dont know how to calculate the integral by calling the field of each waveguide that would also be a vector quantity for both x and y dimensions.

I would appreciate if anyone could give some direction how to do it or even if there is any better approach to calculate the integral of multiplication of the fields resulting of each waveguide.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年10月8日 GMT-4 21:25
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alirza Maleki

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.