Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Quality factor of DETF resonator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear guys,
I need help. I am trying to calculate the quality factor of a Double Ended Tuning Fork as you can see in the attachment. However the simulation result seems to be unphysical because the quality factor of out phase mode is smaller than in-phase and, moreover, the values seem too large with respect to experimental data What am I making wrong? Many thanks. I look forward to hearing from you .

Luca

2 Replies Last Post 2013年10月18日 GMT-4 04:29

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年10月18日 GMT-4 04:03
hi
i also met the same question ,can you share your mode with me,i want to calculate the q factor of a resonator,thank you
hi i also met the same question ,can you share your mode with me,i want to calculate the q factor of a resonator,thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年10月18日 GMT-4 04:29
I have already attached my model . You can open it.
I have already attached my model . You can open it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.