Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hot Water Tank Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model a hot water tank via COMSOL: A tank filled with hot water, cold water comes in on the side of the tank at the bottom, and the hot water moves out the top. I then want to look at the temperature after a period of time.

I would think that I would need to run the Laminar Flow, and Heat Transfer in Fluids physics programs simultaneously, however, this seems to be giving me errors. Can I not run both physics models together? Or is it that I am just too green at this still?

Thanks
Paul

1 Reply Last Post 2013年11月5日 GMT-5 01:29

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月5日 GMT-5 01:29
Hi.
Maybe this link can help you on your problem. You can learn something from their works.

www.comsol.com/community/forums/fluid-flow/thread/20613/

Good luck.
Hi. Maybe this link can help you on your problem. You can learn something from their works. http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/fluid-flow/thread/20613/ Good luck.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.