Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with boiling, evaporation and heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello people.

I have problem with boiling and evaporation in comsol.

I have vertical equipment. This equipment is divided in two parts. In first part is heating and part 2 is boiling+ evaporation.

I need connect these actions and modeled. Has anyone experience with that? Could anyone advise me?

Thanks Lenka

2 Replies Last Post 2014年9月4日 GMT-4 03:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lenka Nemsilová

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年8月27日 GMT-4 13:14
Hello Lenka,

Were you able to figure out the solution? I am having the similar situation.
Appreciate your help!
Thank you,
Suvhashis
Hello Lenka, Were you able to figure out the solution? I am having the similar situation. Appreciate your help! Thank you, Suvhashis

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年9月4日 GMT-4 03:56
Hello
As far boiling is considered you can go through the tutorial
www.comsol.co.in/model/download/176245/models.cfd.boiling_water.pdf
However I am finding it hard to use the same approach (with some modifications) to model evaporation.

In another approach, to model evaporation from a fixed meniscus, I need to specify the MASS FLUX evaporating from the meniscus (not considering the THIN film region for now).
The expression for mass flux involves TEMPERATURE and PRESSURE of the meniscus (boundary), which therefore I am finding difficult to implement in comsol.

This method has been implemented in the literature.

Can anyone please guide on how to specify this condition in comsol

Outlet B.C: velocity outlet=mass flux/density
but mass flux=f(T_outlet)

Regards
Lalit
Hello As far boiling is considered you can go through the tutorial http://www.comsol.co.in/model/download/176245/models.cfd.boiling_water.pdf However I am finding it hard to use the same approach (with some modifications) to model evaporation. In another approach, to model evaporation from a fixed meniscus, I need to specify the MASS FLUX evaporating from the meniscus (not considering the THIN film region for now). The expression for mass flux involves TEMPERATURE and PRESSURE of the meniscus (boundary), which therefore I am finding difficult to implement in comsol. This method has been implemented in the literature. Can anyone please guide on how to specify this condition in comsol Outlet B.C: velocity outlet=mass flux/density but mass flux=f(T_outlet) Regards Lalit

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.