Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MFC Properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was using Macro Fiber Composite (MFC) piezo transducers for my experiments, I am trying to simulate the same thing in COMSOL, but the material library doesn't have the pre-defined material. So I was trying to simulate using the values specified in the paper below, but the values given in the paper (Table-2 and Table-3) are for a plane strain condition. I am trying to model in 3d, so could someone help me out with the material values. I was trying to compare the same model in Ansys (A simple cantilever beam with tip mass and a transducer attached at the root of the beam, subject to an acc. of 1 m/s^2), but the resonant peak variation was about 1Hz for the same conditions.

Thank you.

Ref. paper: Modeling and characterization of macro-fiber composite transducers for Lamb wave excitation.
spie.org/Publications/Proceedings/Paper/10.1117/12.847549

0 Replies Last Post 2014年5月29日 GMT-4 23:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vittal Avvari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.