Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I've wondered how I could generate pipe with finite layer thickness

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

The problem is really simple: How to make 3D pipe with finite layer or wall thickness.

I thought I firstly extrude the rectangle to its orthogonal direction and draw another inner rectangle to be extruded cut through the original object for making pipe.

But I've found that there is no extrude cut in COMSOL...It make me flinched.

There must be another way for making such a pipe but I don't know how.

Next trial is draw outer and inner rectangle on one work plane and extrude the whole.

In this case, I couldn't immediately select inner part..

Could I get some help to go through this problem?

1 Reply Last Post 2014年6月26日 GMT-4 04:36

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月26日 GMT-4 04:36
I think you have to draw an inner and outer circle in a work plane that is perpendicular to the pipe axis, and then extrude the region between the two circles.
I think you have to draw an inner and outer circle in a work plane that is perpendicular to the pipe axis, and then extrude the region between the two circles.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.