Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Air Domain and a vacuum

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm new to Comsol and trying to fix errors in my model of two quadrupoles focusing a stream of particles down a beam line. Looking at the example models I see the ones having to do with magnetic fields have a domain around the model which is usually air.

I've added a cylinder around my model and defined the material as air. But I was wondering if there was a way to do this while having my beam line be a vacuum.

Thanks
Erin

2 Replies Last Post 2014年6月18日 GMT-4 12:06
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月18日 GMT-4 11:53
Erin,

in COMSOL the materials are represented by their properties in the model. I assume that in your electromagnetic application the relevant material properties for air and vacuum are exactly identical.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Erin, in COMSOL the materials are represented by their properties in the model. I assume that in your electromagnetic application the relevant material properties for air and vacuum are exactly identical. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月18日 GMT-4 12:06
I didn't realize that. Thank you!
I didn't realize that. Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.