Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model PVDF in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am just wondering, it is possible to model PVDF in Comsol. To use PVDF, which physics need to be used? Piezoelectric/Structural? Some PVDF materials are there in Comsol material library. But I am not understanding which one to use. Because those PVDF materials doesn't have piezoelectric contents.

Regards
Ahmed

2 Replies Last Post 2016年9月29日 GMT-4 12:34
COMSOL Moderator

Hello R Ahmed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月28日 GMT-4 07:14
If anyone can comment on this topic id appreciate alot, i m trying to create fibres of PVDF but unsure how to go about doing it.
If anyone can comment on this topic id appreciate alot, i m trying to create fibres of PVDF but unsure how to go about doing it.

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月29日 GMT-4 12:34
Comsol 5.2 has piezoelectric parameters for PVDF, and PVDF does not appear anywhere else in the built-in materials list.

You might say (1) what you are trying to model (do you care about the piezoelectric properties?) and (2) what version of Comsol are you using?

DW Greve
Comsol 5.2 has piezoelectric parameters for PVDF, and PVDF does not appear anywhere else in the built-in materials list. You might say (1) what you are trying to model (do you care about the piezoelectric properties?) and (2) what version of Comsol are you using? DW Greve

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.