Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh Quality for Microfluidic Applications

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I've been going through some literature on the COMSOL website regarding mesh quality. The write up mentions, "minimum mesh quality" as a good parameter to assess mesh quality. It also mentions that these parameters vary with respect to the different applications.

I'm currently working on a 3-D model that simulates microfluidic flow. I'm using an insanely fine mesh yet the minimum mesh quality is of the order e-4. I've ensured the growth-rate is limited to 1 but have the x-direction geometry scale set to 3. (the direction in which steep gradients occur)

Any ideas on which parameters might be a tell-tale sign of a good mesh for a micro-fluidic application?

Regards,

Arjun

0 Replies Last Post 2014年10月26日 GMT-4 17:40
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arjun Dubhashi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.