Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transport of Diluted Species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I would like to simulate a problem with transport of diluted species. The simplified problem looks like this:

Think of two liquids in a small channel with big infinite reservoirs at the ends. Liquid one from x=0cm to x=10cm, and liquid two from x=10cm to x=20cm. Both liquids cannot mix together, like oil and water. Liquid one is full of species C0 and C1, while liquid two is full of species C2. Each species have different electrophoretic mobility. 100v is applied to reservoir near X=0, and 0v is applied to reservoir near X=20cm.

The liquids should move towards the high potential with a speed according to their electrophoretic mobilities. I want to see what are the concentrations of species C0, C1, and C2 at different times and locations.

Please help me simulate this. Thank you
Thiago Omena

0 Replies Last Post 2014年10月27日 GMT-4 20:43
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thiago Omena

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.