Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

basic problem: restsrting the simulation, stopping in between

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI,
its a basic problem in comsol. it is about how to stop the simulation anywhere in the time step before completion? then how to restart the simulation from the time onwards where it was stopped last time? what are the things to be done to restart the simulation from that point? is initial time to be changed again or can it be just started? what will be the initial conditions? can the time step data before restarting be saved for post-processing even after restarting the simulation from the time step onwards?

if anybody has the solution/ answer, please share.

3 Replies Last Post 2010年4月27日 GMT-4 05:32

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月24日 GMT-4 03:46
Just stop the simulation, change the timestep so the last converged step is your initial time. then hit restart.
Just stop the simulation, change the timestep so the last converged step is your initial time. then hit restart.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月25日 GMT-4 12:24
i have a similar problem...im using the PDE mode where i release a diffusion wave at t=0 with an I.C for t=0. i want to release another wave at t=6400 with the SAME i.c i used for the first wave at t=0. how i change the inital time to 6400?
i have a similar problem...im using the PDE mode where i release a diffusion wave at t=0 with an I.C for t=0. i want to release another wave at t=6400 with the SAME i.c i used for the first wave at t=0. how i change the inital time to 6400?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月27日 GMT-4 05:32
thanks danial.
thanks danial.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.