Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequencies on a squared plate (membrane)

Fábio Cyro Ribeiro Batista

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys, i'm sorry if i'm doing this wrong but i'm kinda new on COMSOL and I'd like to know if you guys could help me on this exercise:

i need to see how is the behavior of the frequencies on a squared membrane, like chladni figures experiment. There's a model for circular ones that works pretty well but i can't adapt for myself, because there's data like pre-tensions that i won't need right now. My plate is only fixed on the center by a screw on a base made by me. I just would like to see how would be this behavior on some frequencies (6 is fine).

Plate:
size - 16 cm
thickness - 3 mm
poisson - 0.33
young - 69 GPa

2 Replies Last Post 2015年4月22日 GMT-4 21:07

Posted: 10 years ago 2015年1月7日 GMT-5 03:15
Hi Fabio,

Please check if the attached model can help.

Regards,
Dima.

--
Dima Apter
A2Z Consulting Ltd.
www.a2z-consulting.com
Hi Fabio, Please check if the attached model can help. Regards, Dima. -- Dima Apter A2Z Consulting Ltd. www.a2z-consulting.com

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年4月22日 GMT-4 21:07
Dima,

Why do you apply a fixed boundary condition to the center hole? Isn't this where the forcing of the plate would actually occur (say, from a shaker)?

Thanks,
Sam
Dima, Why do you apply a fixed boundary condition to the center hole? Isn't this where the forcing of the plate would actually occur (say, from a shaker)? Thanks, Sam

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.