Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Subtract data sets in transient RF ewt simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to extend the second harmonic generation tutorial offered by Comsol (www.comsol.com/model/second-harmonic-generation-from-a-gaussian-beam-14701)

I want to run two simulations: one with d33 = 1e-17 and another with d33 = 0. Then I would like to subtract the results for Ez. It would be great if I could also subtract the results of the domain point probe that is defined in Comsol's model (in order to FFT the transient data at that point).

I have tried to define a parametric sweep over d33 with two values (0 and 1e-17). Then I attempt to join the data sets. The issue is that Comsol will only join data sets at one time step, so I would have to create a join data set for every time step. The other problem is that the parametric data set does not encompass the domain point probe, so I would not be able to FFT the data sets unless I store every single time step taken by the solver.

Perhaps Matlab? I have no problem extracting the data from Comsol and then subtracting the results, but I am not sure how to convert the result into data Comsol can use for functions like mphplot.

Thanks for your help.

Comsol 4.4
Wave Optics Module: Electromagnetic Waves, Transient (ewt)

0 Replies Last Post 2015年1月12日 GMT-5 15:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kyle Gordon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.