Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with semiconductor device simulation using COMSOL version 4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to comsol.
I am trying to learn how to use comsol version 4.0.
Since I am interested in semiconductor devices simulation, I downloaded two models ( mos_transistor and semiconductor_diode) which are written in version 3.5a.
Everything is ok except that I couldn't plot the IV characteristics.
It looks like there is a problem with evaluating the Lagrange multipliers lm2 and lm3.

The help file is not that helpful for a new user.

Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

YC

2 Replies Last Post 2013年7月5日 GMT-4 23:53
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月1日 GMT-4 15:04
Hi

You are slightly unluky I believe, today V4.0 is not yet fully up to read in and translate older 3.5 files with all details. Because many things has changed between the two versions, I would say, it's better to start with the examples in V4 for still some weeks-months, until V4.x can read in fully older versions, and/or that COMSOL has managed to translate and rebuild their X tousands models.

But I'm sure you can find some interesting models already implemented in V4 to learn you the skills to get where you want. Starting learning V3.5 now, because of the changes with V4, will be, in my opinion, somewhat confusing for you, if you are a new beginner

Good luck
Ivar
Hi You are slightly unluky I believe, today V4.0 is not yet fully up to read in and translate older 3.5 files with all details. Because many things has changed between the two versions, I would say, it's better to start with the examples in V4 for still some weeks-months, until V4.x can read in fully older versions, and/or that COMSOL has managed to translate and rebuild their X tousands models. But I'm sure you can find some interesting models already implemented in V4 to learn you the skills to get where you want. Starting learning V3.5 now, because of the changes with V4, will be, in my opinion, somewhat confusing for you, if you are a new beginner Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年7月5日 GMT-4 23:53
Hello Yulu Che,

I am trying FET simulation in COMSOL 4.0. But, i am not realizing how i can simulate I-V.

Please help.

Nahid
Hello Yulu Che, I am trying FET simulation in COMSOL 4.0. But, i am not realizing how i can simulate I-V. Please help. Nahid

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.