Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rigid connector: applying moment in (degree/s)?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on modeling a cylinder in 3D using a time dependant solver and applying a torsinal load on the geometry. The way I have it set up is at one end of the cylinder I have a fixed constraint boundary condition and am twisting it at the other end. I am using a rigid connector -> applied moment and everything seems to be working well using N*m values. However, the ASTM standard that I am working with is calling for a 5 deg/min load and I have no idea how to make this work.

1. Can I input a 5 deg/min load in my model using a rigid connector (or any other physics module)?

2. I would like to graph Torque (N*m) v.s. Rotation (deg) at a point on my geometry, can this be done?

So far I've managed to make this model work (time dependent) with an applied moment load of 5*t [N*m].

Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks,
Chris

0 Replies Last Post 2015年2月13日 GMT-5 17:05
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christel Italiaie

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.