Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to join a line perfectly with the surface of circle?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am creating a circular configuration model with a separating layer (line) diving the space into 2 domains. But as the line drawn is not fitting properly with the surface of the circle, I am not able to run the simulation. How to do a perfect join of the two? I have attached the screen-shot for reference.

1 Reply Last Post 2015年3月16日 GMT-4 04:10
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月16日 GMT-4 04:10

Two options come to my mind.

1. This is a fairly simple setup, so it is possible to calculate precise end points of the line matching with the circle

2. Make the line longer making it crossing the circle, partition the line with the circle as tool object and delete the parts outside the circle. This approach can be specifically useful in more complicated geometries when analytic calculations aren't possible.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Two options come to my mind. 1. This is a fairly simple setup, so it is possible to calculate precise end points of the line matching with the circle 2. Make the line longer making it crossing the circle, partition the line with the circle as tool object and delete the parts outside the circle. This approach can be specifically useful in more complicated geometries when analytic calculations aren't possible. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.