Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plasma chemistry assumption

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody

I am modelling a plasma actuator used for aerospace application (boundary layer separation control, airfoil leading edge flow separation control).

I am having a trouble in finding any or sufficient literature on assuming chemistry for my plasma. I have to specify the plasma chemistry to the plasma module in order to further my study.

Keeping in view that my actuator is for aeronautical application, can anyone suggest me a literature to read or a plasma chemistry that i can assume? , so that my model is simple or of medium complexity but reliable.

I will be extremely thankful for the help.

Thank you

Best regards
Zaid

2 Replies Last Post 2015年3月23日 GMT-4 05:35
Luke Gritter Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月20日 GMT-4 13:28
Zaid,

The chemistry for an air plasma is very complicated - even a somewhat simplified chemistry could contain tens of species and hundreds of reactions. Of course, you can simplify the chemistry as much as you want, but you may lose accuracy. If you're only interested in a narrow pressure range, then you can focus on the species and reactions that are important for your application in that pressure range, which could simplify the chemistry considerably.

Electron collision cross-sections for all the relevant neutral species can be downloaded from the LXCAT database online. For heavy species reactions, you can find extensive reaction sets in Sakiyama's article "Plasma chemistry model of surface microdischarge in humid air" (J. Phys. D, 2012) or Robert Vidmar's work on plasma cloaking (available online at the DTIC website).

--
Luke Gritter
AltaSim Technologies
Zaid, The chemistry for an air plasma is very complicated - even a somewhat simplified chemistry could contain tens of species and hundreds of reactions. Of course, you can simplify the chemistry as much as you want, but you may lose accuracy. If you're only interested in a narrow pressure range, then you can focus on the species and reactions that are important for your application in that pressure range, which could simplify the chemistry considerably. Electron collision cross-sections for all the relevant neutral species can be downloaded from the LXCAT database online. For heavy species reactions, you can find extensive reaction sets in Sakiyama's article "Plasma chemistry model of surface microdischarge in humid air" (J. Phys. D, 2012) or Robert Vidmar's work on plasma cloaking (available online at the DTIC website). -- Luke Gritter AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月23日 GMT-4 05:35
I believe this ebook will be helpful for you ebooks.cambridge.org/ebook.jsf?bid=CBO9780511546075
I believe this ebook will be helpful for you http://ebooks.cambridge.org/ebook.jsf?bid=CBO9780511546075

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.