Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hii,

I have having problems with meshing in this file. I have tried all solutions provided in the community but to no avail. Can someone help me out ?

The file is attached :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anup

2 Replies Last Post 2015年4月7日 GMT-4 06:24
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年4月7日 GMT-4 04:06
Dear Anup,

the majority of your entities could be potentially meshed easily with "swept" features but some minor possibly unintetional features in your drawing need to be corrected, i.e. small overlaps between domains or small gaps between our outer box and some of the parts. See the doc file with some screenshots to understand what I mean. You can see them best if you allow COMSOL to scale your objects visually in the "thin" direction.

Pleas find also attached an example with just two boxes where I illustrate a remedy to a generalized situation from yours. If you need more help, feel free to contract us in support after implementing my suggestions.

Best regards,

Sven Friedel
Dear Anup, the majority of your entities could be potentially meshed easily with "swept" features but some minor possibly unintetional features in your drawing need to be corrected, i.e. small overlaps between domains or small gaps between our outer box and some of the parts. See the doc file with some screenshots to understand what I mean. You can see them best if you allow COMSOL to scale your objects visually in the "thin" direction. Pleas find also attached an example with just two boxes where I illustrate a remedy to a generalized situation from yours. If you need more help, feel free to contract us in support after implementing my suggestions. Best regards, Sven Friedel

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年4月7日 GMT-4 06:24
Dear Sven,

Thank you very much for your effort. I edited some parts and made it simpler and now it meshes :)

Thank you.

Regards,
Anup
Dear Sven, Thank you very much for your effort. I edited some parts and made it simpler and now it meshes :) Thank you. Regards, Anup

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.