Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material Removal - Deformed Mesh

Mahmut Emre Yanayatiran

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to build a simple 2D model using the heat transfer model. I have a constant heat flux through a surface. The regions with temperature higher than the critical temperature evaporate instantaneously. How can I model this phenomenon? On the web, I found several discussions and I think that I need to use either Deformed Geometry (dg) or Moving Mesh (ale). Which is appropriate for material removal? How should I use these modules or is there any model in the model gallery that I can use?

2 Replies Last Post 2015年6月23日 GMT-4 08:49
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mahmut Emre Yanayatiran

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年6月23日 GMT-4 07:24
Hi, i have the same concern; how do i define the condition to remove material above critical temperature. Did you solve this? Does anyone have a solution?
Hi, i have the same concern; how do i define the condition to remove material above critical temperature. Did you solve this? Does anyone have a solution?

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年6月23日 GMT-4 08:49
You will find this example helpful:
www.comsol.com/model/freeze-drying-3924

Best Regards,
You will find this example helpful: http://www.comsol.com/model/freeze-drying-3924 Best Regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.