Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

effect of surface radiation on natural convection in a cavity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
i am simulating heat transfer and fluid flow (natural convection assuming boussinesq approximation) in a cubic solar cavity with one face opening to the ambient. the wall opposite to aperture is taken as hot wall, rest of the walls are insulated. up to this, its working properly but i want to add the wall emitted radiation effect on fluid flow and heat transfer. i tried surface to surface radiation but it overrides the insulation boundary conditions. is there any way to keep both insulation and surface to surface radiation BCs. or any other way of doing.

anybody help me !

thanks in adv !

0 Replies Last Post 2015年4月10日 GMT-4 06:55
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Om Singh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.