Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to define damping

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hey
i'm simulating a folded beam spring in the mems module.
i wish to plot it's frequency response "max. displacement vs. frequency"
I performed modal analysis and found out that the resonance frequency is around = 900HZ
HOWERVER, when performing frequency response i get a constant displacement as frequency varies and i don't know why

I think that i have problems with damping ,please i want to know a detailed steps to introduce damping into my model

1 Reply Last Post 2010年7月5日 GMT-4 01:34
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月5日 GMT-4 01:34
Hi

there are a few pages on damping in structural, and also an example of a matlab file how to optimise your damping for a freequency domain, check the doc.

Frequency responses and absolute amplitudes are a delicate issue, also to get the right units/scaling when you have a PSD defined acceleration spectra.

Good luck
ivar
Hi there are a few pages on damping in structural, and also an example of a matlab file how to optimise your damping for a freequency domain, check the doc. Frequency responses and absolute amplitudes are a delicate issue, also to get the right units/scaling when you have a PSD defined acceleration spectra. Good luck ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.