Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

piezoelectric direct effect

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good evening

I still cannot manage to simulate the effect of interdigitated electrodes on a piezoelectric structure.

I just simply want to bend it and measure the voltage across the electrodes, but

a) if I do not couple this problem with the electrical conductive one, I found a gradient of potential inside the electrode which is obviously nonsense.

b) if I perform such a multiphysics simulation I cannot leave any electrode floating: since the voltage is the dependent variable it must be defined somewhere inside the region, but this value is exactly what I am looking for!

c) For a close circuit configuration zero voltage is accepted but this means that a charge must appear on the electrode surface. Instead I get zero voltage, zero charge with a deformed structure which is completely nonsense for a piezoelectric material.

Anybody has suggestion about this? Is Comsol multiphysics only able to simulate the converse piezoelectric effect?

Best regards

0 Replies Last Post 2010年7月7日 GMT-4 11:37
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andrea Mazzalai

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.