Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Analytic functions in Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am having trouble in using analytic functions for building geometry in COMSOL 4.4. I would like build an array of circles in x direction and the radius of circle depends on the location of the circle in the array. For this purpose, I defined an analytic function (r(x)). Comsol doesn't allow me to use analytic function in circle's radius definition. Is there something wrong in what I'm doing ? Can you please suggest a way for doing this.

Thanks,
Manoj

4 Replies Last Post 2016年7月5日 GMT-4 08:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello thota

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月30日 GMT-4 22:06
Hi,

I have the same problem. Do you get it right? Thanks
Hi, I have the same problem. Do you get it right? Thanks

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月1日 GMT-4 09:24
Hi,

I coded my geometry in Matlab and linked it with Comsol.
--
MT
Hi, I coded my geometry in Matlab and linked it with Comsol. -- MT

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月5日 GMT-4 06:22

Hi,

I coded my geometry in Matlab and linked it with Comsol.
--
MT

Currently, the only way to use advanced functions is geometries is to use the COMSOL API. Either by writing Java code (e.g. in an app) or by using LiveLink for Matlab or LiveLink for Excel (VBA).

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
[QUOTE] Hi, I coded my geometry in Matlab and linked it with Comsol. -- MT [/QUOTE] Currently, the only way to use advanced functions is geometries is to use the COMSOL API. Either by writing Java code (e.g. in an app) or by using LiveLink for Matlab or LiveLink for Excel (VBA). -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月5日 GMT-4 08:56
Lest this thread get misinterpreted: You can use a wide variety of functions in parametric curves and parametric surfaces, see e.g. this thread: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/99891
or Bjorn's contributions to this thread:
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/115442/#p259721
Best regards,
Jeff
Lest this thread get misinterpreted: You can use a wide variety of functions in parametric curves and parametric surfaces, see e.g. this thread: https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/99891 or Bjorn's contributions to this thread: https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/115442/#p259721 Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.