Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mesh dependency of "heat sink with fins"?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I just run the demonstration application (heat transfer) "heat sink with fins" with the preset mesh without any changes. Then I added a second mesh where I had a one step less coarse mesh.
I compared the cooling power and the result was only 90 % of the solution with the coarser mesh (5.2374 W vs. 5.7559 W.
What did I do wrong? Is the preset mesh not fine enough?

I tried that, because I had problems with solutions beiing dependend of my mesh. I simulated a simple air flow over a heated plate and wanted to know the heat loss of the plate.

Thank you for any hint!

0 Replies Last Post 2015年6月10日 GMT-4 12:11
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lotta Koch

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.