Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving web (Membrane)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I am new to COMSOL, I am a master student doing research in dynamics of a roll to roll printing machine. My aim is to simulate the whole process for web motion and transverse vibration, rolls rotation, inking flow and print head displacement.

The first step I am thinking of is modeling the moving web between tow rolls. I considered a membrane from structural mechanics. I am assuming the rolls rotate with same constant speed. and there is a constant applied tension through the web. Unfortunately, when I run the attached model, it takes more than 2 hours for solving and it is only 4% progress!

I will appreciate any recommendations or suggestions on how to model this, and how to model the motion of the web and rollers and study the web transverse displacement.

Best regards,
Aalim

0 Replies Last Post 2015年10月2日 GMT-4 11:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aalim Mustafa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.