Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add inertial lift force and Dean force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I m doing simulation for inertial focusing. I need to see the effect of inertial lift force and dean force on particle. I m just wanted to know where these forces can be defined. I tried to add them in particle tracing-> forces. still no use.

Appreciate help from someone.

Thanks in Advance.

3 Replies Last Post 2016年11月29日 GMT-5 20:29
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md Usuf

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月17日 GMT-5 21:55
Hi,

Have you worked out any approach to solve the problem? I have same questions with you.Need your

help,thank you!
Hi, Have you worked out any approach to solve the problem? I have same questions with you.Need your help,thank you!

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月8日 GMT-4 05:11
i tried to add ode for force equations and still could not solve. if you got let me know, we can discuss
i tried to add ode for force equations and still could not solve. if you got let me know, we can discuss

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年11月29日 GMT-5 20:29
Hi Chengjun,

I have the same problem now that I could not add inertial lift force and Dean force.

I wonder if you have figured it out and I appreciate it very much if you could help me.

Regards,

Chen Zezhou
Hi Chengjun, I have the same problem now that I could not add inertial lift force and Dean force. I wonder if you have figured it out and I appreciate it very much if you could help me. Regards, Chen Zezhou

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.