Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

divergence operator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

i am new user of comsol. I have struggled in the passed days trying to find the operator that calculates the divergence of a velocity field cross a magnetic field : divergence(VXB)
looking in forums I have just found a suggestion that is: d(VxBx,x) + d(VxBy,y) + d(VxBz,z) but when i compare the solution with other simulations using a different software they differ considerably.

is there a direct function in comsol that calcultates the divergence of a given field? does it work using classic PDEs?

Thank you in advance for your atention and for your help!

Daniel

1 Reply Last Post 2015年12月1日 GMT-5 16:26
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月1日 GMT-5 16:26
div(V X B) = d(V_y*B_z-V_z*B_y,x)+d(V_z*B_x-V_x*B_z,y)+d(V_x*B_y-V_y*B_x,z) , no?
Best,
Jeff
div(V X B) = d(V_y*B_z-V_z*B_y,x)+d(V_z*B_x-V_x*B_z,y)+d(V_x*B_y-V_y*B_x,z) , no? Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.