Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need help measuring voltage difference between two points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new to COMSOL, so I'm sure this question is a basic one. I am using COMSOL to model current within a spherical body of fluid. Basically, we are trying to utilize conductance to measure the volume of a body of fluid, similar to cardiac catheters. I have defined two point probes, between which I would like to measure the voltage difference. I want to see how this voltage difference changes as the diameter of the sphere increases from 12cm to 12.5 cm (the maximum diameter we anticipate); to do this, I have my model perform a parameter sweep between 12 and 12.5cm diameter. Additionally, my model performs a parameter sweep through 10 different electrode separation distances. I would like to see how the electrode separation affects the change in voltage difference between 12 and 12.5 cm diameter. Ideally, I would like my model to output a 2D plot with change in voltage difference between 12 and 12.5 cm diameter on the y-axis and electrode separation distance on the x-axis. I'm sure this is not too complicated, but I haven't been able to find a solution on line for some reason. Thanks for any help!

1 Reply Last Post 2015年12月11日 GMT-5 08:14
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月11日 GMT-5 08:14
Hello Calvin,
The attached file is a toy model that shows how to do this. I use two parametric sweeps to change the geometry, a couple of component couplings to pick up the values of the potential at two points, a derived value node to evaluate an expression that depends on those component couplings into a table and the Table Surface button for that table to turn its contents into a plot (I added a Height Expression node to give that plot a cool 3D look).
Please note that I use the current version, 5.2, so you will need to update your installation to open my file.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Calvin, The attached file is a toy model that shows how to do this. I use two parametric sweeps to change the geometry, a couple of component couplings to pick up the values of the potential at two points, a derived value node to evaluate an expression that depends on those component couplings into a table and the Table Surface button for that table to turn its contents into a plot (I added a Height Expression node to give that plot a cool 3D look). Please note that I use the current version, 5.2, so you will need to update your installation to open my file. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.